Google

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Why I'll Never be a 'Girlie' Woman

What’s with children these days? It appears that no matter how much stuff you give or buy them; parental efforts are never fully appreciated! Daddoo and I thought taking Kid Sid on a 5-day carnival cruise to celebrate her 13th birthday would totally blow her away…yep, hello! We were obviously wrong! Did she hold her horses until we’ve at least had a chance to cross the Georgia state line from Jacksonville Ports Authority, before bombarding me with, “Mom, can I have a sleepover party to celebrate my birthday with my friends?” Heck, No!
“Maybe next year” I replied.
“I think we’ve spent enough money already,” added Daddoo.
She pouted. She pleaded. Our answer was still a stern NO! Then she tried to negotiate. “I’ll do more chores. You don’t even have to pay me for babysitting for the next six months!”
My eyes widened. My lips curled into a roguish grin. I flashed Daddoo a look and he understood the signal. I had to cave in. After all, it was going to be one hell of a win-win-win arrangement for all of us. Half a year of babysitting services was worth several sleepovers in my opinion. But, there was one teeny weenie problem...Read Full Story

No comments:

Like to Leave a COMMENT?

Directly below every blog entry, you'll find a white "comments" link that's embedded within the TEAL border, or a "Post a Comment" link. Clicking on either of these links opens into another page where you may leave your comments or view pre-existing commentary by other guests. A google account or login information is not required. However, you must select "other" or anonymous," in order to complete this process. If you have questions, suggestions, or general observations about My Family Scene, please feel free to CONTACT ME Happy browsing! Muchas Gracias!!