Google

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Day to Remember

The date has been set. It is going to be a day to remember. A day that her father had dreamed about but never lived long enough to see. His baby, my 33-year-old niece was finally going to walk down the aisle. I remember the day she called to share the news...

"Auntie," she began. "It's so nice to be the one sending out elegant wedding invitations." In my moment of excitement, I volunteered to handle the wedding logistics. However, her husband to be, an aspiring graphic artist, had other plans. He was not interested in shopping for discount wedding invitations online. In fact, he wanted to design and print them all by himself. He said, "I want our invites to be the talk of the town."

So, here I sit, at a coffee house directly across from the only wedding boutique in town... rehearsing my sales pitch. My mission ? Get them to commit to using a wedding planner that could shop around to find them that personalized, unique wedding invitations that they want. Wish me luck-;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's hard for women to say no, isn't it? But his response is typical of artistic types. It's so hard to settle on something that isn't your own invention.

Like to Leave a COMMENT?

Directly below every blog entry, you'll find a white "comments" link that's embedded within the TEAL border, or a "Post a Comment" link. Clicking on either of these links opens into another page where you may leave your comments or view pre-existing commentary by other guests. A google account or login information is not required. However, you must select "other" or anonymous," in order to complete this process. If you have questions, suggestions, or general observations about My Family Scene, please feel free to CONTACT ME Happy browsing! Muchas Gracias!!