Google

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Legend of the Lavender Sweat Pants

Tucked away somewhere on the top shelf of my walk in closet, you’ll find a pair of sweat pants(with matching sweat shirt) that’s been collecting dust for the past 24 months. A comfy looking outfit that no one wants. Really. The logical thing for me to do, is to toss it in that pile of clothes I’ve been meaning to donate to the salvation army. But I just can’t get myself to do it. You see, there’s a story behind that lovely attire. A story that makes me chuckle silently. A story I’d like to treat like a valuable family heirloom that must be passed down from generation to generation. Don’t you think it’s a great idea to preserve the source of every legend for as long as humanly possible? I do!

Some time Between Y E A R 2 0 0 5 - 2007
I was busy with my Christmas shopping when I came across it. Thinking that it would make a great present for Kid Sid, from Santa , I bought it. Over the years, I often wondered what happened to it, but never really got around to asking her. One day, while she was away during spring break, I decided to clean out her closet. It was then that I found the elusive lavender apparel buried among the rest of her junk. The frugal light bulb inside my head came on. My rationale? She had probably forgotten about it…so, why not wrap it up again and pass it off as another truly thoughtful Christmas gift from one of her siblings! And when she made no sarcastic reference to it, I thought…home run! However, a few days later, I walked into my closet to find that lavender wear. To this day, it's still there and will most likely remain so because someday, I am positive that it would make an excellent present from Santa, to either one of my younger two daughters.

P.S Right here, right now…

We’ve all been cleaning all day. At the moment, I am watching Daddoo, who is staring at a lovely picture frame that one of the girls had given him as a Christmas present this year.
“Nice huh?” I say.
“Yeah, it’s pretty cool.”
(Silence. Silence. Silence.)
“It looks familiar.”
(Silence. Silence. Silence)

Turning to me with a puzzled look on his face, he asks, “Didn’t someone give me this last year?”
"I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I reply-;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back. I tried to visit your site yesterday and it was down.

Bennie said...

@Tony,

Really? Hmmmmmmm. Perhaps it was the weather-lol!

Like to Leave a COMMENT?

Directly below every blog entry, you'll find a white "comments" link that's embedded within the TEAL border, or a "Post a Comment" link. Clicking on either of these links opens into another page where you may leave your comments or view pre-existing commentary by other guests. A google account or login information is not required. However, you must select "other" or anonymous," in order to complete this process. If you have questions, suggestions, or general observations about My Family Scene, please feel free to CONTACT ME Happy browsing! Muchas Gracias!!