Google

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Kleenex Moment

I have an announcement to make. I want you, my dedicated guest to know that Today is a very sad day in my household. I have just been given the boot from one chore that never fails to brighten my day in spite of all those daunting challenges that most stay at home moms(like yours truly), get to grapple with. People, my kindergartner literally said to me, mom, you are fired! I am talking…tossed like a smelly, worn out, pair of gym shoes.

After indulging in our mid afternoon, after school snack with Furr-ball, and her older sister, Scrawny, she announces (like clockwork of course),
“Mom, I am going to make some Frankfurt Burger.”

TRANSLATION: I am going to the bathroom to poop, please stick around in the immediate vicinity until I’m done so that you can wipe my butt.

Minutes later, out of the corner of my eye, I see her sprinting toward me.
“Hey, get back in there!” I order. “I haven‘t wiped you yet.”
“But mom, I know how to wipe myself now.”
“Really?”
“Yep.” She proudly replies. “I am a big girl now.”

So here I sit, broken hearted and teary-eyed. Boo hoo, hoo- that very special apron string has been severed- boo hoo, hoo. Hey Tito, pass me a tissue! Wait! Make that a box of Kleenex. Grazie -;)

1 comment:

Amey said...

Oh well, every parent knows this day has to come, yet you feel proud and sad at the same time.

Wait, maybe I am talking about something in future...

Like to Leave a COMMENT?

Directly below every blog entry, you'll find a white "comments" link that's embedded within the TEAL border, or a "Post a Comment" link. Clicking on either of these links opens into another page where you may leave your comments or view pre-existing commentary by other guests. A google account or login information is not required. However, you must select "other" or anonymous," in order to complete this process. If you have questions, suggestions, or general observations about My Family Scene, please feel free to CONTACT ME Happy browsing! Muchas Gracias!!