Google

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Breakfast In Bed

I wake up this morning, feeling really good. Ready to serve. Ready to pamper my clan of five, with breakfast in bed. There is no particular reason other than the fact that I feel blessed and lucky. Lucky to be alive. Luckcy to be well. So, I go from room to room taking breakfast orders. Here’s how they each respond to my “What would you like to eat?” question:

Daddoo: A little Oatmeal (sweetened with apple sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon); topped off with scrambled egg whites, will do.

Kid Sid: I’m not that hungry. Do we have any cinnamon rolls or bagels?

Scrawny: All I want is some home made ABC waffles, turkey bacon…maybe some eggs too.

Furball: I'm tired of oatmeal, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, bagels and bran cereal. I want some chocolate chip cookie dough!

I tell her no way in hell. Last I checked she's still on hunger strike. And for a kid who could afford to shed a couple pounds, that's not such a bad idea-;)

No comments:

Like to Leave a COMMENT?

Directly below every blog entry, you'll find a white "comments" link that's embedded within the TEAL border, or a "Post a Comment" link. Clicking on either of these links opens into another page where you may leave your comments or view pre-existing commentary by other guests. A google account or login information is not required. However, you must select "other" or anonymous," in order to complete this process. If you have questions, suggestions, or general observations about My Family Scene, please feel free to CONTACT ME Happy browsing! Muchas Gracias!!