Google

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Light Jacket

Daddoo and I like to go for a brisk walk after dinner. And each time, Furr-ball would huff and puff until we either give in and let her tag along or pay her off. Usually, a handful of coins is enough to do the trick.

A few days ago, as we were about to head out in a windy fiftyish Northern GA temperature, she asked, "Can I come too?" I handed her a dollar bill; told her we’d be right back and asked her older sisters to keep an eye on her. Half way down the driveway, I heard, “Mom, heeeeeeeeeere! Take this!” We turned around to find her waving the dollar at us.
“That’s yours” I replied. “Go back inside.”
“Nooooooo mommy, you keep the dollar; I wanna come."
"Fine." I said. "Go get your Light Jacket."
But when she came back out...
v
v
v
v
v

I remember thinking...
She needs hearing aid or I need speech therapy -:)

4 comments:

Amey said...

You mentioned windyish... was it a rainy day too?

After all, a jacket is a jacket is a jacket... And you didn't specify which kind she would need :D

Bennie said...

Hey amey,

I guess I can see how one so young could get lost in the phonetics of "light" vs. "life" from a distance on a windy day. Maybe we were going sailing on our neighbor's boat and I didn't even know it -:)

Anonymous said...

Awww, so cute and funny.

Jennifer said...

Funny! At least your children are providing you with material for your blog:) Mine do all the time.

Like to Leave a COMMENT?

Directly below every blog entry, you'll find a white "comments" link that's embedded within the TEAL border, or a "Post a Comment" link. Clicking on either of these links opens into another page where you may leave your comments or view pre-existing commentary by other guests. A google account or login information is not required. However, you must select "other" or anonymous," in order to complete this process. If you have questions, suggestions, or general observations about My Family Scene, please feel free to CONTACT ME Happy browsing! Muchas Gracias!!